Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours. In severe cases of gynecomastia, the weight of excess breast tissue may cause the breasts to sag and stretch the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). In these cases the position and size of the areola can be surgically improved and excess skin may be reduced. Plastic surgery to correct gynecomastia is technically called reduction mammaplasty.
What is Gynecomastia Sacramento or Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Gynecomastia Sacramento is a condition of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men that can occur at any age. The condition can be the result of hormonal changes, heredity, obesity or the use of certain drugs.
Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and impair your self-confidence. Some men may even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy simply to hide their condition.
Gynecomastia is characterized by:
• Excess localized fat
• Excess glandular tissue development
• Sometimes excess breast skin
• Presence unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts) Gynecomastia, or unnatural enlargement of the male breast, is a very serious hamper to the male social experience and self-esteem. Liposuction can be used on men suffering from gynecomastia to effectively remove breast fat and contour the chest to a much more masculine shape.
Am I a candidate for Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Gynecomastia Sacramento surgery candidates include:
• Men whose condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments
• Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
• Non-smokers and non-drug users
• Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
• Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
• Men who have realistic expectations
• Men whose breast development has stabilized
• Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
*Adolescents may benefit from surgery, although secondary procedures may be needed in the future should breast development continue.
What can I expect after surgery?
Men can expect very significant improvement post-surgery, and can always expect fifty percent or more improvement. However, if the patient desires a much more drastic improvement, they may be dissatisfied with their final results. Thus, each patient should fully discuss their goals for end appearance with their surgeon in order to choose a surgery that will best be able to contour their specific body profile.
Watch and Learn about Male Breast Reduction Surgery in Sacramento
Understand.com is excited to announce the newest addition to your Plastic Surgery Library: Gynecomastia. This new HD animation covers all the major surgical techniques in a simple and easy-to-understand format. The Plastic Surgery Animation Library is endorsed by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Jeffrey Sweat is a board certified plastic surgeon and specializes in plastic surgery of the breasts, body and face with male breast reduction being one of his specialties. You can read more about what it means to be board certified in plastic surgery and the importance of choosing a surgeon who meets these respected standards by clicking here.